When compared with the costs associated with the use of carbon steel, stainless steel can reduce total lifetime costs significantly. Dowel bars are normally made from plain round stainless steel. They are cast or drilled into concrete and are used to transfer loads across joints in concrete. In applications where movement is expected, the dowel bar is cast in one side and de-bonded in the other side of the joint.
Stainless UK are CARES approved for processing stainless steel bars for reinforcement and hold large stocks of stainless steel dowel bar.
- The three grades of dowel bar held in stock are:
- Grade 304 (1.4301) suitable for most atmospheric and concrete covered environments.
- Grade 316 (1.4401) suitable for marine and corrosive environments.
- Duplex F51 (1.4462) suitable for marine and corrosive environments.
- The strength physical characteristics for 304 and 316 stainless steel dowel bar are Proof Strength - 250 N/mm², Ultimate Tensile Strength - 550 N/mm²
- The strength physical characteristics for Duplex F51 dowel bar are Proof Strength - 450 N/mm², Ultimate Tensile Strength - 620 N/mm²
- Standard stainless steel dowel bar diameters range from 6mm to 50mm.
- Stock lengths are up to 6m and bars can be supplied cut to any length.
- Threaded ends with ISO metric threads to BS 3643 can be supplied for fixing applications.
- A full range of accessory products are available including square backing plates, nuts, washers, tying wire, end caps and de-bonding sleeves.